Rangewell - The PII Finance Experts
Quickest Turnaround - Lowest Rates - Most Lenders - Bespoke terms for your practice.Speak to one of our experts020 4525 5312
Lowest PII Financing Rates
- Check your Insurers standard finance terms - we'll almost always beat it
- We're whole of market - not tied to one funder
- Rates from 1.45% per year
- We can provide Decisions In Principle prior to receiving renewal terms - Full Offers in 24 hours
- We process all the paperwork for you
- E-Sign docs available
Bespoke PII Financing For YOUR Practice
- Bespoke pricing specifically based on your risk profile - not an insurer's "blended rate"
- Pay-out dates to suit your renewal terms
- No maximum lend size
Finance For Professional Indemnity Insurance
Table of Contents
Rangewell are the experts in PII Finance
At Rangewell, we pride ourselves on getting the right PII Finance for you
- We work with the widest range of lenders
- We know the specialist lenders that will provide the most accurate quotes for your practice
- Our quotes are based on a risk-adjusted review of YOUR practice - you're not paying a standard / blended rate that many insurers and lenders quote to save themselves time - and cost you money
- We're trusted by these lenders and they prioritise our cases, so we can turn around quotes and payouts quickly and efficiently
- We know each lender's processes inside out so you can rely on Rangewell to get the paperwork requests turned around "first time right"
Our services are FREE - we can help you check your current quote in under 10 minutes
Everything you need to know about Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is crucial for any business that deals with customers or clients. It is used to protect the business if their clients accuse them of providing sub-par services, resulting in them losing money. This is, of course, a fairly wide definition – which is why all manner of businesses, from design and marketing agencies through to lawyers, architects and funeral directors, take out PI insurance cover.
Professional Indemnity Insurance is a cost almost all businesses must bear every 12 months, but one that disproportionately affects certain sectors. Architects, for example, pay around 13x more than software developers. High PI premiums can eat into your cashflow, especially if you’re a service-based business that relies on invoices – any clients who are late in paying may leave you unable to pay your PI bill.
Rising PI costs in the UK have become a significant issue for those in the professional services industry. In October 2020, law firms reported a 20% rise in cover costs. Elsewhere, the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) reported “substantially” higher insurance costs, with one firm’s premium rising from £24,000 in 2016 to £68,000 in 2017.
In general, the Law Society says that its law firms typically pay 5% of their annual turnover in PI cover costs. 5% of your turnover represents a sizeable chunk of your profits and can spell disaster if cashflow issues are stretched, and you can’t afford to pay for the cover.
Rangewell can help you arrange finance to alleviate this problem. We’ll help you find the right lender to support you with PI cover costs via an unsecured loan that is repaid over 10-12 months. This loan means you don’t need to disrupt your own cashflow or capital and can secure PI insurance cover even when your own clients are late in paying you.
What affects PI Costs?
Before you apply for finance, have you considered the factors that are impacting your quoted premiums? The following are all important considerations for businesses who must pay PI:
- Cover level - the level of cover you choose will affect your premium, but businesses that work in more professional sectors such as architecture and law will need a high level of cover to protect themselves.
- Business size and experience - the way your corporate structure operates, the length of time you have trading and the overall size of your business will affect your professional indemnity cover costs. Large businesses tend to have higher premiums which can be challenging, but lenders are also more willing to lend to established businesses with longer trading history.
- Sector - your sector will determine your PI cover costs, with some industries presenting higher risk of PI claims.
- Location - your geographic location affects PI prices – especially if you’re located in a ‘high risk’ area where litigation is more commonplace.
Finance for PI Cover
While some PI providers offer a monthly payment plan for their premiums, the majority demand payment up-front. Even those who allow for monthly repayments tend to charge higher premiums as a result. A finance loan at the right time not only helps alleviate cashflow issues but can allow for more affordable repayments against the insurer’s own monthly costs.
Finance for PI cover should ideally be taken as an unsecured loan that can be repaid over 10-12 months. The ideal way to arrange this is through a professional indemnity insurance finance broker such as our team here at Rangewell.
Our experience in the industry means we can negotiate with lenders who understand your sector and business and will accommodate for the rising cost of PI insurance. Don’t let your new premium dissuade you from planning growth or investing in your business. Work with Rangewell today and we’ll help get you the funding you need.
Professional services finance
Businesses that pay professional indemnity insurance premiums tend to operate in the professional services sector. At Rangewell, we specialise in helping businesses who deal with clients in service-based industries such as law, architecture, accounting etc to secure the finance you need to start, grow or invest in your business.
Traditional business loans may not suit your needs when you’re working in the services sector as cashflow issues, invoicing delays and capital investment all hamper your position and affect how lenders view you.
Where a lender can see a traditional commerce business’ stock and assets to secure their loan rate against, they must instead estimate based on your work in progress and client base. This means you might not access the best rates, or even fail to secure funding entirely.
With Rangewell on your side, we’ll not only discuss all of the potential financial products you can utilise beyond standard business loans, but we’ll take you through the entire lending market and help you prepare and apply for finance that suits you. We can help with finance such as:
- Commercial mortgages for business owners that want to buy the building they work from. Typically a larger-scale finance option that requires specialist attention during your application to lenders. Repayments can be spread for as long as 20 years.
- Unpaid invoice finance can help you recoup working capital when your clients are late to pay. Using this option, a lender will offer funds based on unpaid invoices as your security – with funds available in just 24 hours.
- Commercial business loans are popular for good reason – but to get the best finance for your needs you’ll need an expert working on your side.
We’ll negotiate on your behalf to secure the best rates and terms to fuel your goals. Visit our professional services hub to learn more about what we do and see case studies depicting real clients and their successes.
Discover our range of finances
Every type of finance for every type of business
Our goal is very simple - to help businesses find the right type of finance as quickly, transparently and painlessly as possible.
Helping you build your profits
Lending tailored to your needsAt Rangewell we can help you find the most appropriate finance for any funding need your undertaking business faces.
Specialist funding for vehiclesYour largest financial need may be your vehicle fleet. Rangewell can provide tailored solutions from specialist lenders to bring you the vehicles you need.
Providing new servicesYou may need to offer new services such as ecological interments to cater for your customers needs. We can help you find the funding you must have.
Reducing risk with asset fundingIf your business was to become unable to make the payments on equipment funding, the lender could simply repossess the equipment to cover their loss. No other assets are at risk.
Releasing the value in your businessAsset refinance can help you release the value of the investments in your business, allowing you to use your cash to invest again.
Specialist lendersSome asset funding providers specialise in particular sectors. At Rangewell, we can help you find the most appropriate lenders for the funeral profession.