1.3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Rangewell Limited of 2 Union Square, Darlington DL1 1GL.
2. Definitions and Interpretation
2.1.1. “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to Rangewell Limited via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
2.1.2. “Cookie” refers to a small text file placed on the browser or hard drive of your computer by this Website, if you agree, when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 13;
2.1.3. “Rangewell Limited” means Rangewell Limited, a UK Limited company registered in England under company number 09362490, with a registered office address at 2 Union Square, Darlington DL1 1GL, United Kingdom and a trading address at 64 Clifton St, London EC2A 4HB, United Kingdom. Rangewell Limited can be contacted by telephone at 020 3318 2613 or by email at [email protected].
2.1.4. “UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
2.1.5. “User” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Rangewell Limited and acting in the course of their employment. A User would include but not be limited to an Introducer, a Lender or a Business; and
2.1.6. “Website” means the website that you are currently using (https://rangewell.com, https://www.rangewell.com, https://rangewell.com or https://www.rangewell.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.rangewell.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. Data Collected
We may collect and process the following Data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, enter loan requirements, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, company information (if applicable) and loan product information and loan requirements (if applicable).
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. Our Use of Data
5.1. Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Rangewell Limited for as long as is deemed necessary. All Data will be collected, stored and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5.2. Subject to Clause 5.3 and unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
5.3. Notwithstanding Clause 5.2, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
• external service providers (including but not limited to payment processing, credit checking, anti-money-laundering, platform or marketing analytics, customer support and email infrastructure providers);
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the Data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
• other platform Users; and
• our affiliates or other companies within our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
5.4. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see Clause 12 below.
5.5. Any or all of the above Data described in Clause 4 may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for a range of reasons, including but not limited to:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including loan application management, processing and tracking) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Third Party Providers
6.1. Rangewell Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of third party providers for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, credit checking, anti-money-laundering, platform or marketing analytics, customer support and email infrastructure service providers, operational support, advertising and marketing and other technical services. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website, and your use of the Website is deemed as acceptance of this relay of Data.
6.2. Any Data used by third party providers is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Rangewell Limited requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
7. Links to Other Websites
7.2. Links to other websites do not necessarily represent an existence of any form of endorsement, support, relationship or partnership.
8. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
9. Controlling Use of Your Data
9.1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if we intend to use your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
9.2. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information
10.1. You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all, subject to Clause 13.5 and Clause 13.8. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website, such as the loan processing application and User dashboard, you may be required to submit certain Data.
10.2. Any data that we collect, as outlined in Clause 4, will be strictly stored and processed in line with the Data Protection Act (for further details on where we store your personal Data, see Clause 12).
11. Accessing your own Data
11.1. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Rangewell Limited, where such data is held, on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10.00 in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
11.2. If you would like to request a copy of the Data that we hold on you, please include your full name, platform user identifier (if applicable), contact email address (if applicable) and contact phone number (if applicable), along with details of the specific information that you require.
11.3. We recommend that all information requests be sent by e-mail to [email protected]. We’ll aim to respond within 14 working days.
12.1. Data security is of great importance to Rangewell Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
12.3. Although Rangewell Limited have strict data protection and security safeguards in place, we cannot guarantee that Data will be sufficiently processed or stored in a similar fashion by other Users of the platform, if the said Users extract, export, download or copy data to an environment outside of the Website. Furthermore, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
13.1. This Website may place certain Cookies on your computer that are considered “strictly necessary”. These cookies are placed directly by Rangewell Limited via this Website and are used only by Rangewell Limited. Rangewell Limited uses these Cookies to improve your experience of using our Website. Rangewell Limited has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
13.2. By using this Website you may receive certain third party Cookies on your computer, subject to Clause 13.4. Third party cookies are those placed by external services, websites or parties other than Rangewell Limited. Third party cookies are used on this Website for various services and are detailed in Clause 13.6. These cookies are not integral to the services provided by our Website but their existence provides Rangewell Limited with the ability to continually improve its website and services.
13.3. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
13.4. Before third party Cookies are placed on your computer, subject to Clause 13.5 and Clause 13.8, you will be presented with an on-page widget requesting your consent to set those third party Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Rangewell Limited to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of third party Cookies; however certain features of our Website may not function fully or as intended.
13.5. Certain features of our Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in Clause 13.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your Internet browser’s settings as detailed below.
13.6. Rangewell Limited use various external services which allow us to better understand how Users use our Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve our Website and the services that we offer through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our Website, it does enable us to continually improve our business and maintain a high quality service for our Users.
13.8. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most Internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your Internet browser.
13.9. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
13.10. It is recommended that you ensure that your Internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your Internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.