Policy key definitions
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refers to Rangewell Limited
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- "Rangewell Limited" means Rangewell Limited, a UK Limited company registered in England under company number 09362490, with a registered office address at 2 Union Square, Darlington DL1 1GL, United Kingdom and a trading address at 64 Clifton St, London EC2A 4HB, United Kingdom. Rangewell Limited can be contacted by telephone at 02033182613 or by email at email@example.com.
- "User" means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Rangewell Limited and acting in the course of their employment. A User would include but not be limited to an Introducer, a Lender or a Business; and
- "Website" means the website that you are currently using (https://rangewell.com, https://www.rangewell.com, https://rangewell.com or https://www.rangewell.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.rangewell.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
- "GDPR" means General Data Protection Act.
- "PECR" means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- "ICO" means Information Commissioner's Office.
- "Data" means collectively all information that you submit to Rangewell Limited via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998
- "Cookie" refers to a small text file placed on the browser or hard drive of your computer by this Website, if you agree, when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive
Who we are
Rangewell Ltd (Rangewell) helps businesses find, compare and apply for business finance. We work alongside you and your advisors, who provides us with your personal data to support an application for a finance. Depending on the circumstances, Rangewell will help you find and compare finance products based on you and your business's financial circumstances or, where your adviser provides this support, will package your application for submission to your chosen lenders.
In all instances Rangewell will aim to source a number of loan options for you, based on the information provided by you or your adviser and once you have chosen specifics product we will collect all the information that is required by the lenders to complete drawdown of the required funds. This will include but not be limited to details on your income and expenditure, details of any personal and business loans you have outstanding (including mortgages and other personal lending), and your credit history and repayment profiles. This data will be passed to the lenders we are working with.
Rangewell is an appointed representative of MACCapital Limited (Company No. 01267885) which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Registration 742543). Our Head Office is based at 64 Clifton St, London EC2A 4HB. You can obtain further details from the FCA’s website at:
The company is also registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. The firm’s registration number with the ICO is: ZA09760.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rangewell are the data controller and can be contacted at:Rangewell Limited
64 Clifton St,
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the same address
If you have a complaint about the way your personal data is being handled you may contact Rangewell at the address above. Alternatively you may contact the Information Commissioners Office via https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or on 0303 123 1113
Sources of information
All initial data that we gather about you will be provided by
- Your adviser
Using that data, we will obtain further data from those external companies who maintain data on your credit history (i.e. CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies as well as the Land Registry.
What data we collect
We will only collect such data that is needed to underwrite your loan application. This includes:
- Your full name
- Your current and previous address(es)
- Your email address
- Your telephone and contact details
- Your date of birth
- Details on your financial profile including your income and expenditure
- Your identification documents (e.g. copies of passport or drivers licence)
- Personal description and photograph
- Company information (if applicable)
- Loan product information and loan requirements (if applicable)
- Copies of bank statements containing financial information or copies of utility bills
- Other relevant details required to establish your identity
- Other relevant information required by the lender
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, enter loan requirements, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, and when you report a problem with our Website. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including loan application management, processing and tracking) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about your visit to our website
With regard to each of your visits to our website, we, and third parties that we contractually work with under strict GDPR and privacy agreements, may automatically collect the following information via cookies and other technologies and store it as a pseudonymized user profile.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, geographical location (country only), time zone setting, browser plug-ins, the types and versions of devises used, their operating systems, platform and the preferred language used to display our website
- information about your visit in order to better understand our users 'needs and to optimise our service and experience (eg how much time users spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don't like, etc.) as this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback. Information gathered . Informaton gathered includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as date fields engaged with, scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Third parties are contractually forbidden to use or sell any of the data collected on our behalf for their own purposes.
Information we receive from Third Party Providers
In order for Rangewell to comply with our obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations Rangewell may verify your identity electronically using the services of a business partner. The information we receive may include residency information including presence on an electoral register, telephone services, information obtained from credit reference agencies, details of directorships held, any county court judgements and media articles.
Rangewell Limited may also from time to time, employ the services of third party providers for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, credit checking, anti-money-laundering, platform or marketing analytics, customer support and email infrastructure service providers, operational support, advertising and marketing and other technical services. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website, and your use of the Website is deemed as acceptance of this relay of Data.
Any Data used by third party providers is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Rangewell Limited requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Why we collect your data
Under the UK’s Data Protection laws Rangewell must have a legal basis for the collection of your data. Rangewell collect information from you and about you in order to be able to provide the products and services that you have requested from us and to prepare business finance applications on your behalf and/or we have a legal obligation under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 to process your personal data
We may also contact you with regard to other products and services provided by the Rangewell Group of Companies.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information and data may be shared with other, external data processors to assist us in providing you with finance. These include:
- Business Finance Providers
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
- Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) - to verify your identity and address in accordance with our obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Fraud Prevention Agencies
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Our parent company AND any member of our group, which means our parent company and its subsidiaries
- Our regulator, the FCA
- Statutory Bodies on their lawful request, e.g. NCA, police forces
Data Protection legislation provides you with express rights which include:
Your right to object or request erasure of the data Rangewell holds
- You may object to Rangewell holding, storing or processing your personal data and/or request that we remove this data from our storage. You can do so by emailing GDPR@rangewell.com. Should you request that this takes place before your finance application is completed we will be unable to complete your loan application.
Your Right to Data Portability
- You have the right to request data that Rangewell hold is passed to another Data Controller for their use on your behalf via a “machine readable” format. This can be requested by emailing GDPR@rangewell.com
Your right to correct the data held by Rangewell
- If you or Rangewell become aware of an error in our data that Rangewell process hold or control, you have a right to have that data corrected. Please highlight any errors or concerns by emailing GDPR@rangewell.com.
Your right to data erasure
- You have the right to have personal data erased in certain circumstances (eg if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it). This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances, for example we will not erase the data if we need to keep it to comply with a legal obligation such as the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
- You can make a request for erasurer in writing by emailing GDPR@rangewell.com. We will act upon the request without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of your request. In most cases we will not charge a fee to comply with a request for erasure unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive in which case we may charge a “reasonable fee” for the administrative costs of complying with the request
Your right to a copy of your data
- You have the right to request a copy of data that Rangewell hold on you. We are obliged to provide this to you within 30 days of receipt of your request. Please email GDPR@rangewell.com to request this.
Your Right to Complain
If you are unhappy with the way we handle or process your data you have a right to complain to our Data Protection Representative by emailing GDPR@rangewell.com. Your complaint can also be made to the Information Commissioners Office:
Post: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
At Rangewell we retain casework and data for a period of seven years from the drawdown of your loan facility, or where your loan does not complete, from the time when the decision is made to refuse credit by the lender or where you decide not to proceed. We are obliged to retain your data for this period in order to meet our regulatory and compliance obligations.
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Data collected and controlled by Rangewell is stored within the UK. Currently we do not transfer data to any entity outside of the UK or the EEA.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Rangewell use the “legitimate use” basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.obtain elsewhere will be processed by us.
Links to Other Websites
Links to other websites do not necessarily represent an existence of any form of endorsement, support, relationship or partnership.