Inventory Finance: Raise funding based on your stock and goods
Don't lock your funds in your stock roomSpeak to one of our experts020 4525 5312
- Funding secured on your inventory
- Can be used with all types of stock
- Free up working capital
- May be used as a part of a broader funding package
- Rolling facility
- Short term lending
- Adverse Credit – no problem
- Funding can be provided rapidly
- Funds for any legal purpose
- Improved cashflow
- Reduce financial risk
- Ideal for supporting growth
Talk to Rangewell – Inventory Funding is our expertise
Whatever the sector you work in, if you carry inventory, you are carrying a financial burden. Rangewell work across the entire lending market, and can find lenders who will help you turn that burden into cashflow.
At Rangewell we recognise your professional status, and we work harder to find you better solutions - which can include 100% finance for many of your needs.
Without realising it, your business may have its largest investment lying in your stockroom or warehouse.
If you are looking for inventory finance or inventory loans you need to be talking to experts who are speaking to lenders on a regular basis and have up to date knowledge of the market.
Financing inventory is not a simple process and there are only a limited number of inventory financing companies currently operating the the UK.
You need a partner who can help you understand how Inventory Finance works, it's benefits and limitations and work with you to navigate:
* The different types of financing available and what is appropriate for your business
* Who are the inventory lenders currently active in the UK (post pandemic a number of lenders who previously operated in the sector have paused or substantially reduced lending)
* The differences between inventory and stock finance - and work out what is best for your business's individual circumstances
* Is inventory finance available to your company - lenders are very focused on the types of inventory that they finance and rates and terms can vary substanially depending on whether you are a retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer
* Is it more appropraite to consider wholesale inventory financing or is it more affordable to do individual business inventory loans
* Are you eligible for an Inventory line of credit
* Does your partner have the lending relationships and ability to negotiate the best inventory finance rates
You may have hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of stock standing idle, and this can become a problem. The money tied up in your stock is not available to run improve and grow your business. In fact, one of the biggest assets in your business could be your inventory - especially if you work with high-value items such as electronics or luxury goods.
Inventory Financing could let your business release the value you have already invested in your inventory to raise money, by using it as security for a revolving line of credit.
You could use this line of credit in any way you wish. It can be ideal to simply buy in additional inventory, ensuring you have the stock you need. You can use it to fund production, to deal with an unexpected expense or to help your business work through seasonal fluctuations in cash flow.
How it works
Inventory Financing, or Inventory Lending, is a type of Asset-based Lending that is a short-term loan, secured by the inventory you already hold.
As the inventory is sold on to customers, the loan is gradually paid off. When you buy in new inventory the cycle can start all over again.
So, if you are a retailer, inventory finance can help you keep your shelves full. If you are a wholesaler, you can keep your warehouse stacked and ready with all the lines your customers need.
You have more to sell, without having to pay upfront.
When you should use Inventory Finance
Inventory Financing can be appropriate when your company has a high inventory turnover but is short of cash. It can provide a solution if:
- You are a conventional retailer, with shelves you need to keep full
- You are an online retailer, needing to maintain instant availability
- You are a wholesaler, wanting to stock a large number of lines
- You are a manufacturer ready to prepare for the next production cycle
Borrowing on the stock you already hold can be an astute way to smooth your cash flow, ensuring that you no longer need to sell stock before you can access the value locked up in it.
Why you need Rangewell to arrange Inventory Finance
Inventory Finance can be an appropriate solution for many businesses, but with some providers, costs and fees may be high.
Finding an arrangement which suits your business and your financial circumstances, and offers the level of funding you need may require expert help.
- Providers may specialise in certain sectors - and may not have the expertise to offer solutions for your business.
- Some providers may not offer the scale of funding needed by your business
- Interest rates and fees may vary greatly between lenders
- Inventory financing interest rates may be higher than some other kinds of funding, making getting the most competitive solution essential for your business
- You will need to be an established business with a good sales record and credit history
At Rangewell we can work with you to look at your financial needs, and help you decide if an Inventory Finance solution really does offer the most appropriate solution for your business. Then we can help you find the lenders who are most suitable for your particular business sector, and who can provide the level of funding you need at the most competitive rate.
Why you should call us now
At Rangewell, we are experts in business funding. We will work with you to see if an Inventory Finance facility really is the best solution for your business and look at the alternatives, such as Purchase Order Finance or even more general small business loans, if it's not.
If Inventory Finance can provide a cost-effective financial solution, we will help you find the provider who can offer the most competitive rates.
To see if Inventory Finance can provide the solution that you need just call us.
Discover our range of finances
Every type of finance for every type of business
Our goal is very simple - to help businesses find the right type of finance as quickly, transparently and painlessly as possible.
Helping you build your profits
Enjoy volume discountsHaving extra working capital can let you purchase inventory with volume discounts, and importantly when prices and terms are advantageous - not during heavy demand periods when prices are highest.
Increase production efficiencyYou may be able to reduce costs through efficiencies of scale by using larger production runs.
Reduce transport costsBuying in bulk can reduce your transport costs with larger orders.
Improve your customer's choiceYou can maintain higher retail stock levels, offering more choice and a more appealing sales environment for your customers.
Funding that grows with your businessInventory financing can automatically keep pace with your stock levels and the growth of your business.
Provide working capitalWorking capital is essential for your everyday operations. Using the assets in your inventory can provide the funds you need.
Download Rangewell’s free and detailed guide to Inventory Funding
How does Inventory Financing work?
What level of funding does it provide, and what are the alternatives?
What are the costs?
How to pick the right provider
Paperwork you need to provide with your application
Is your business suitable?
Key terms to check